The Grade II listed church, built in 1865, was declared redundant in 1978 and from 1980 has been leased to the Celestial Church of Christ.
The main works were concentrated to the east end of the church where the Kentish Rag stone walls were so severely deteriorated that areas of the walling was no existent resulting in the gables of the Nave and Chancel becoming unstable and masonry falling to the surrounding areas.
The gable walls and chimney stack were carefully dismantled and re-built incorporating new Kentish Rag stone block along with the decorative red sandstone and Bath stone insets, new Bath stone coping stones and Apex stones.
Tiling to the Chancel and Sanctuary roofs were replaced with new hand-made clay and Welsh slate respectively. Other roof works extended to the connecting roof between the Chancel and Vestry where a new zinc roof was installed.
Works were also carried out to the North Transept and Tower with the Kentish Rag stone walling being repointed, the dressed Bath stone being carefully indented and the installation of new slate louvers to the Belfry openings.