DOG GATE & LODGE-BOURNE HALL, EPSOM, Surrey

Dog Gate, situated in Ewell Village Conservation Village, was built by Thomas Hercey Barritt towards the end of the eighteenth century to improve the entrance to the original Bourne Hall which was built in 1770.

PIERRA were appointed Principal Contractor to carry out comprehensive stucco repairs to the Dog Gate largely consisting of reforming the moulded profiles to the Cornicin, the dog, the griffins and the curved surrounds to the main opening. Work to the colonnade involved structural repairs to the masonry arches which had deteriorated quite considerably over a period of many years.

The stucco render and gates to the Dog Gate and Lodge were then thoroughly prepared prior to redecorating using an approved weather-shield system.

Salescontractor Approved Constructionline 18001 Registered Form ROSPA Member Stone Federation Chas ISO 9001 Considerate Construction Exor ISO 14001 SPAB