St Lawrence Church, Morden, Surrey

It is believed that the original church on this site was possibly wooden being that churches dedicated to St Lawrence were usually Saxon in origin. It wasn’t until 1636 that the church was rebuilt in a pleasant Gothic style, largely through the liberality of Richard Garth, who died in the year 1639, and is buried in the chancel.

PIERRA's conservation team were deployed by one of the country’s most recognized conservation Architects to carry out the repairs of the stained glass and masonry units of the three south aisle windows which had experienced significant deterioration over the years.

The glazing was carefully extracted from the stone windows and taken to a workshop where they were painstakingly restored to their former glory whilst the stonework to the windows was conserved using a combination of lime based repairs and stone indents, carved on site by PIERRA’s highly commended Masonry Conservators.

Salescontractor Approved Constructionline 18001 Registered Form ROSPA Member Stone Federation Chas ISO 9001 Considerate Construction Exor ISO 14001 SPAB