St Mary’s Church, Brighton, East Sussex

The Grade II* listed St Mary’s Church, built in 1878 following the collapse of the original church in 1876, is a substantial building constructed of red stock brickwork and Dumfries sandstone and is famous for its outstanding internal space and stained glass.

 

During this 31 week programme PIERRA, acting as Principal Contractor, will be carrying out conservation repairs to the brickwork and stonework to the North and East sides of the church. Major works being carried out to the North Aisle and North Transept windows where the stained glass will be removed, refurbished and reinstated and the stone window surrounds and tracery sections, both internally and externally, will undergo sensitive but essential stone repairs, indents and replacement. To the North Aisle roofs the existing valley gutters will be replaced and new Sand Cast Code 8 lead installed along with new associated timber boarding and framework and the overhaul of all existing rainwater goods.

Salescontractor Approved Constructionline 18001 Registered Form ROSPA Member Stone Federation Chas ISO 9001 Considerate Construction Exor ISO 14001 SPAB